Contact Me:

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Beef Ranch Enchiladas

Beef Ranch Enchiladas

This recipe is one I use all the time! The original recipe is called Ranch Chicken Enchiladas, but I tend to use ground beef more often because it's much quicker. I've changed a lot from the original recipe, but I'll include it anyways!


The recipe:
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own using this recipe)
1/2 cup ranch dressing (hidden valley is the way to go)
1/2 cup salsa (my personal favorite is Tostito's Mild Chunky salsa)
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 package white flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown beef, drain, add taco seasoning and about 1/3-1/2 cup water (even though the packet always calls for 3/4 I find that's too much and it gets soupy) and simmer for another couple of minutes (~5).

Mix the ranch and the salsa - I felt obligated to put amounts on there but honestly I never measure it. Just try to keep it at about equal amounts.

Spread a spoonful or two of this mixture on the bottom of a glass baking dish. Or omit this and just spray with cooking spray.

Assembly:
Start with one tortilla, add a spoonful of the ranch/salsa mixture and spread it around. Add some beef and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up the tortilla any way you'd like - I fold in the top and bottom to about the middle. Then fold one of the sides in and overlap the other side on top. If it doesn't stay together I'll hold it with a toothpick or two. 

Place in baking dish and repeat for as many enchiladas as you'd like to make. Spread some more ranch/salsa mix on top of your enchiladas and sprinkle the top with some more cheese. 

Bake until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through - about 15-20 minutes.

Serve hot and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment