Contact Me:

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tomato Basil Chicken

Tomato Basil Chicken

I make this recipe ALL the time! It's easy, fast, and tastes amazing. 

My modifications bring this down to 1 serving.

The recipe:
1 chicken breast (I use chicken breast tenderloins so they're even smaller)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 roma tomato
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp cold butter
1-2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Fettuccine pasta
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Start by boiling water for the pasta and start cooking the pasta whenever it's ready - I hate how recipes always say this at the end of the recipe - I always forget and then I'm stuck waiting for my pasta to finish while everything else is getting cold!

Heat oil in a skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, add chicken breasts. If the oil doesn't begin to sizzle, it's not hot enough! Cook chicken on first side for 4-5 minutes, and then flip. If you're using chicken breast tenderloins like I do, reduce cooking time by about a minute.

After you've flipped your chicken, add the tomato, basil, butter, and garlic to your skillet. Season with salt and pepper - I always forget this step and I'm disappointed by the lack of flavor. The salt and pepper really bring out all of the best flavors in this dish. 

Stir everything together (without flipping the chicken back) and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Again, adjust cooking time by how big or small your chicken breasts are. Once chicken is done cooking, reduce heat to low and wait for pasta to finish cooking. 

Add everything to a bowl, sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment