Contact Me:

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Homemade Mac & Cheese for One

Homemade Mac & Cheese for One

I know this one seems a little silly, but I honestly make it all the time. It's my comfort food that requires almost no effort and that's nice to have after a long day. Sorry dad, I haven't eaten Kraft Mac & Cheese from the box for about 2 years now! (For those of you who don't know, my dad works for Kraft). 

Every recipe online is so complicated with so many different types of cheese so I experimented for awhile to use the fewest ingredients to get the best taste. I also really hate bread crumbs on my mac & cheese and all the recipes I find always use them. So I'm going against the norm and I'm not including bread crumbs!

The recipe:
Elbow noodles
Shredded cheddar cheese
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
Butter
Milk
Salt and pepper

I really don't have a true "recipe" for this one - I just throw stuff in until it looks good! 

Cook the pasta according to the box instructions, drain, and add to bowl with some butter in the bottom (maybe about a tablespoon or less?). Stir the pasta around until the butter is melted and the pasta has a nice buttery coating. Add a couple pinches of both cheeses (maybe enough so that it just covers the top of the pasta).

Add a splash or two of milk - maybe a tablespoon if you're measuring. Stir in cheese until melted and combined with the milk. You might have to microwave for about 15 seconds to heat it up again to melt the cheese enough. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Some optional additions I've used every once and awhile - add some diced tomatoes or pieces of chicken! Throwing some paprika in there is also nice sometimes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment